Monday, December 14, 2009

Woe Is Me.

Boot Camp day three? Like Jess, I had to miss it. Carson was up all night long. There was lots of crying. Then he got up for the day at 6am. Except, he was soooo exhausted, he just sat and sobbed. We finally got him calmed and asleep by 7:15. Of course that meant no boot camp. The kid slept until 11:30! It was a sucky situation, but had I lugged him there, he would have just cried, and I would have had to leave anyway.

Boot Camp day four? Um, yeah. We got a schlooooad of snow, and pretty much the entire city shut down. No boot camp.

That brings us to today, Boot Camp day five! Sigh. I have a sick kid. He took a 3 hour nap yesterday morning (after sleeping 12 hours the night before) and a FOUR hour nap yesterday afternoon. He was awake for maybe 3 hours yesterday. He's lethargic, doesn't want to eat, and has a fever. Which means? No day care room for him.

I will add that we had an ice storm last night, and all parking lots, sidewalks, driveways, etc are covered in a slicker than snot sheet of ice. Tom was NOT very excited about me going out in this, especially trying to carry Carson through a parking lot. Me and ice? We have a baaad relationship. Each year, I fall and brutally injure something because of ice. Want a good laugh? Read here about how I bit it on the ice last year, while pushing a brand new baby C in the stroller.

So... boot camp? I miss you! My gelatin thighs and double chin(s) are yearning for your brutal-ness. Maybe I'll see you Wednesday?? A girl can dream.....

No comments: